<VV> Membership question -- Insurance??

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Wed Dec 16 14:41:27 EST 2009

That is the part I am having trouble explaining properly to the group
so I'll try one more time:

So everyone that participates in the event is covered.  A car crashes
and hurts someone.  The hurt person decides that the club did not set
up a safe course and did not have policies in place to ensure the
track was safe.  So they sue the (covered) person that crashed.  They
sue the (hopefully covered) local chapter.  They sue the (covered)
national CORSA.  They sue the (THIS IS THE TRICKY ONE) officers and
board members of the local chapter and the event organizers
PERSONALLY .... are they covered?  Even if not members of
national?  I suspect not when they are not a member, I hope so if
they are a member.

At 11:32 AM 12/16/2009, you wrote:
>As I understand it, all the participants in any event sponsored by any
>CORSA chapter is covered by the liability insurance.  As I recall, you
>need 5 CORSA members to be a chapter, but that's about it.  Really.
>
>--Bryan
>
>On Dec 16, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
>
>>I may have confused things on mentioning the officers and board.  I
>>am sure they are covered on a national level.  The question is, would
>>someone with the same position in a local chapter be covered if sued
>>personally?  Even if not a member of national?  I suspect not in the
>>later case.  How about someone that organizes and sets up an event
>>and is not a national?  Would they be covered.

Merry Christmas from:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.