<VV> Bob's (typically different) viewpoint on 100%

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Thu Dec 17 08:16:58 EST 2009

clubs, I would respond that the benefit goes both ways, and, in fact, there
is probably more benefit to the local club being a part of CORSA than the
other way around.  If your local club doesn't believe this to be true, then
consider your position as an independent club with no national connections
for the past 40 years and ask what position you would be in today.

How many local shows did your club promote through CORSA connections over
the past 40 years?  How many times did your local club members get parts or
services from CORSA sponsored and approved vendors?  How many awards from
CORSA conventions did your local club members bring home and use in some
small way as a recruiting tool for your local membership?  How many times
over the past 40 years did your local club members network with other CORSA
members or clubs?

The trouble with folks who grip that they don't want to be a part of CORSA
is that they have no appreciation for how much CORSA has kept this hobby
alive.  I blame CORSA (which is me and all of us who DO belong to it) for
failing to properly sell itself, but the truth is that most, if not all,
local Corvair clubs would not be in existence today if not for CORSA.

Please name me one Corvair club that grew up and thrives today with NO CORSA
connection.

Bill Hubbell