<VV> Is It Too Tedious?

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Dec 17 13:08:58 EST 2009

Throughout the year we see threads here that deal with club-related
issues rather than car-related issues.  We are certainly seeing them now!

And when these threads go on for a while, we begin to see messages of
complaint -- not enough car stuff, too tedious, I am wearing out my
delete key, etc.

I confess, I enjoy the club-related stuff every bit as much as the
car-related stuff, and sometimes even more!  I am, for example, rarely
interested in correct tire diameters.  But as a former CORSA officer and
a current chapter officer, I enjoy club business.

We like cars in general, Corvairs in particular, and then, depending on
the individuals, early models or late models or trucks or convertibles
or 2-doors or 4-doors or wagons or stock or modified.  Some of us have
extended our interest in the hobby to, say, literature collecting, or
model-building, or -- yes -- club administration.

I do not find the delete key hard to use at all.  I delete more messages
than I read, and it takes me, I dunno, a quarter of a second each time?
I'll admit, I recognize that it's harder for those on the digest mode
since they get everything in one big lump.  But the beauty of VV (and
the beauty of the Corvair hobby as a whole) is that it is so varied.

Delete that which is of little interest to you.  Enjoy that which is of
greater interest to you.  It's all good!

--Bob