<VV> Torch suggestions

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 15:22:15 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/17/2009 1:50:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

I'd  like to get a torch setup for occasional use and would like to be
able to cut, bend, and weld.

Bryan,

I'd get the torch set up that allows you to do the work you mentioned above
 and not worry about cutting the car up.  I am not a torch expert and I
can't weld (not that I didn't try it once), but I have cut up almost one
complete LM with the same thought of hauling it in pieces to the scrap  yard.
In my case I got tired of the fumes, holes in my work jacket from  red hot
metal and the sporatic fires that broke out after the front fenders  and one
rear quarter were off.  I called the rollback to take the rest and  I would
do it again.  One of my few smart decisions regarding  Corvairs.

Bob