<VV> Torches thanks

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Dec 17 15:27:08 EST 2009

Hi folks,

Got several replies, which all boil down to either "use a different
tool" and "it's too much hassle".  There are some extenuating
circumstances here - the car in question is already partially parted
out, the front suspension is gone and the rear axles will come off
too.  By the time we're done most haulers around here will indeed
charge me to take it away, and to get at it will be a good half day's
work since there are other projects in the way.

On the "use a different tool" front, the consensus was a Sawzall
(recip saw) is a better tool anyway, and I have a Porter Cable.  Plan
is to cut it into four big pieces (front clip, roof, left and right
passenger compartment) and load them into the truck.  We'll see if I
get partway and decide it's too much hassle.  I'll also check on the
scrap prices before I decide either way.

--Bryan