<VV> Torch suggestions

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 00:45:32 EST 2009

"But, if you want oxy-acetylene, by all means, go get one -- buy a couple
good fire extinguishers at the same time, and check the fine print in
your fire insurance policy."

I have had a set of torches for.......can't really remember how long......maybe 30 - 35 years now? When ever I fire up the torch, I do have a fire extinguisher handy, but guess what..if you THINK and if you LOOK and if you PAY ATTENTION, you will NEVER NEED IT.

I have NEVER, knock on wood, never had to use a fire extinguisher when I weld or cut.

One of the toughest jobs I ever did was when Rich & Bryan Gardella wanted to go Legends racing. In Jersey, you need the extra frame support in the left rear of the car (part of the Jersey kit required in this state). We removed the fuel tank and placed it a respectful distance away and I proceeded to weld in a 1" x 2" frame support within 2" of the FIBERGLASS body.

I don't proclaim to be a "welder" but in all the accidents Bryan had with that chassis, my weld ALWAYS held while factory welds broke. Yea, after each accident I would always check on the piece that Rich & I put in that day way back when and each time it was, "Damn, that pieces is still good".

Roy - Bayshore