<VV> Cutting up an old rusty Corvair

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Fri Dec 18 06:23:43 EST 2009

Just like Clarkzel,
I have cut up a few Corvairs. The last one was a late model that I had
stripped of all useful parts. It was sitting in my one bay shop (basement)
so, I called a local junker to come get it. When he saw it had no wheels he
said he'd have to charge me $30. That PO'd me so I said no, I'll just cut it
up myself and haul it off in my pickup truck.
As Clark said The air chisel was a good tool but, I bought some Rescue
blades for my Sawzall and began a job that probably cost me $50 bucks and
took several days. It made a mess in my shop and since I was not a young gun
with boundless energy any more it wore me out!
I did finish the job and hauled it away but, I'll never do that again!
One thing I learned about those special rescue blades was, they are very
aggressive and if they get caught the recip saw will attempt to jerk your
arm out of it's socket!
Oh, I forgot to mention that I did not cut myself nor did I set any fires
but, I ate a bottle of Alleve!
As for horrible smells...well, she's used to me. I did get the loud noise
complaint though.

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com