<VV> Cutting up an old rusty Corvair

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Dec 18 10:02:27 EST 2009

Torch:  Smelly, costly (gas), risk of fire.

Sawzall:  Noisy, costly (blades), risk of fewer fingers when you're done.

Scrap Hauler:  Reasonable price, and it's gone!

But

Only a few weeks ago, Allen Bristow, with help from myself and Frank
Duval, spent a day disassembling and then cutting up (with a Sawzall) a
1964 Greenbrier that was solid but which had been crashed.  We could
have easily just called the scrap hauler once we had removed the parts
that were being saved, but where's the fun in that!  Cutting it up was
an activity that I call Big Dirty Fun.  Allen was still grinning at the
end of the day even though I damn near took his eye out with an errant
pry bar.

Plus, for my part I got to keep the left rear quarter panel (a nice
solid piece) with which to replaced the bondo'd quarter panel on my
Rampside.

We boys are destructive by nature.

--Bob