<VV> Corsa Discussions

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Dec 18 11:07:58 EST 2009

This discussion reminds me of the old saying, "When all is said and
done, there is usually more said than done."  I, too, have suggestions
and a design for a possible website, but suggestions, ideas, and website
designs aren't what is needed right now.

Corsa needs an executive leader who will drive the reinvention of the
organization.  Corsa has a board of directors and a couple of worker
bees in Harry and Mike, but where is the leader?  I have never seen a
successful business model that gives a BoD leadership responsibilities.
Governance, yes, but not leadership.

Following are ten board responsibilities listed by BoardSource, in their
booklet "Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards."

1. Determine the Organization's Mission and Purpose

2. Select the Executive

3. Support the Executive and Review His or Her Performance

4. Ensure Effective Organizational Planning

5. Ensure Adequate Resources

6. Manage Resources Effectively

7. Determine and Monitor the Organization's Programs and Services

8. Enhance the Organization's Public Image

9. Serve as a Court of Appeal

10. Assess Its Own Performance

Corsa needs an executive leader and until it has one, nothing
substantive will happen.

Dave Keillor