<VV> Corvair engine still going

n5hsr n5hsr at sprynet.com
Sun Dec 20 14:45:12 EST 2009

OK, I want to know something.

We had to have our valves 'ground' on our 62, and it needed it again at
94,000 miles when we sold it.

I was only 12 when we bought it, and I daresay Dad didn't know anything
about the care and feeding of 145 ci/80 hp aircooled engines with
Powerglide.  I know he only used 20-20W oil in the thing.  I've been
learning since.  He had to ruin another car engine running 20-20W Kendall
oil in it summer and winter before I finally convinced him that modern
multi-vis oils don't have parafin in them and they don't ruin engines.

Charles Fregeau
ex 62 700 coupe.