<VV> Crankshaft (bushing) again!

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:53:39 EST 2009

Gents, the Std procedure is to drive the bushing flush with the crank face,
it takes a lot less work than all that in putting the trans/diff in place
and driving it!
Yes, Oillite bushings are impregnated with oil that comes out as the bearing
is used (when it gets hot) (You will also find oillite bushings in the
blender blade shaft bushing, a drop or two of 3 in 1 oil every couple of
months really helps them). But, just like anything else, you want some lube
in there at first start up. Oil slings pretty good and could get on your
clutch, although a drop or two would not hurt.
Mark Durham