<VV> really simple dumb question: coil radio noise suppressor

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 23 10:24:08 EST 2009

   I just finished installing my Pertronix Ignitor II and the matching coil in my car (yes I am using 12v Straight, though I havent tapped the harness for it yet).  I just wanted to check, does the condenser looking thing on the coil (for radio noise suppression I believe) go to the positive or negative side of the coil?

   Also do these things go bad?  Mine look pretty old and I am having some trouble with ignition noise in my aftermarket amplifier.

   Thanks guys, and happy holidays to all!!!

   Speaking of holidays, please CC my email address with answers.. thanks to the holiday my VV inbox is up to almost 1200 messages I haven't had the chance to sort through yet!!!

Ray Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 hot rodded coupe