<VV> New 140 Sandrail

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 17:58:50 EST 2009

Working on my newest toy
Bought a sand rail frame and working on installing a 140 Powerglide.
Having issues with fitting the powerglide trans due to IRS suspension ion the rail.
Looks like I may have to go 4 spd Manual trans.

Not sure how to pursue this right now till I buy the axle adapters.
What would the powerglide 140 run like on a manual trans on something this light.

Really not wanting to change the crank out but if I do , does anyone have a good 140 Nitrided crank they would trade for a 4 degree offset one from a powerglide motor

 Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1963 Corvair 95 84hp Powerglide 18K miles
1965 Greenbrier 110hp 4 Spd
1965 Monza Convertible 140hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM