<VV> A partial solution for ethanol

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 18:29:46 EST 2009

"...(PRI-G) as much  better then Sta-Bil, that I had used in the  past..."

You are correct, Bill, the standard Sta-Bil product doesn't get the job
done; however, the marine formula does. I relate an outcome based on actual
experience with Corvairs: I have three Corvairs, with two being driven on a
daily basis. The two driven daily are 110s with standard Rochester twin
carbs.  When 10% ethanol-infected fuel took over the Florida fuel supply, I
immediately began using Sta-Bil with every tank of fuel... to no avail.
Approximately every two weeks, both vehicles would begin to idle rough (my
wideband O2 tester showed lean), and to correct I'd need to blow out the idle
passages with carb cleaner followed by compressed air. Then, when  Sta-Bil
introduced its Marine Formula product, I began using said  marine product. Since
then (about a year now), I've not had any problems with  rough idle, in
either vehicle, and carb "blow jobs" (sorry, couldn't help  myself) are a thing
of the past. I purchase the 32 Oz size at Walmart (I know,  it's a zoo, but
hold your nose; the prices are righteous) for under  $20. I'm using 1.5 Oz.
per gallon of fuel. The Sta-Bil Marine product  advertises: "DOUBLE the
corrosion preventer  than in Regular STA-BIL" and "Prevents  corrosion from
moisture & ethanol-induced water attraction." From experience  using in my
Corvairs, it does what the advertising says. The PRI-G sounds  interesting, too;
haven't seen any around my regular parts houses, but I'll  look around.

Mike Mauro