<VV> <CORSA Chapters> ecomminuque

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sun Feb 1 09:25:22 EST 2009

I've always thought of the chapters list as an announcement list.  I don't remember any political discussions here.  I thought it was for the presidents/newsletter editors could exchange information mostly stuff for newsletters.

Dennis> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 00:02:01 -0800> From: lechevrier at earthlink.net> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org; chapters at corvair.org; corsabod at corvair.org> Subject: Re: <CORSA Chapters> ecomminuque> > > >What exactly is your point? --Bryan> >> > IF this "Chapters" list were to be CORSA's designated political > discussion list, information about how to sign up for it would need to > be generally accesible to anyone logging onto the CORSA website and > looking for it. It isn't. Therefore it is hidden. Doesn't sound like > a very positive way to produce the open discussion as found on Virtual > Vairs and elsewhere.> > Reading the Chapters archives, it seems more like an announcement list > for Chapter events with an occasional item concerning the national > organization. It seems that little, if any, political discussion appears.> > Yes, I realize what open enrollment on the list would mean and that is > not what I am advocating, but an occasional mention on VV or elsewhere > among the thousands of VV posts is sort of like hiding a needle in a > haystack or two, and out here in the west, a haystack will have several > hundred tons of hay in it.> > It is nice to see that it is now included in the monthly posting > guidelines. Thank you Bryan! Gives a person that is interested a place > to find information about that list, not that anyone reads the > Guidelines more than once, but now that has been edited, maybe somebody > will -- you know, try to find what else Bryan changed?> > Tough jobs that folks like Bryan and Dennis volunteer for -- we owe them > our thanks for making it happen.> > Thank you,> > Bill Strickland> CORSA Oregon> was 04693, now 028948