<VV> Leaf Spring

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 21:17:46 EST 2009

It is indeed true of the factory mount. The reason for the 1964 suspension changes was to try to reduce oversteering tendency. This is done by increasing the front roll stiffness (by adding a roll bar) and decreasing rear roll stiffness (by softening the rear coil springs). The leaf spring was added to help support the weight but was mounted so it would pivot at the differential by mounting it in rubber. As a result, the spring helps hold up the rear end (if you remove the spring, it will droop) but does not reintroduce roll stiffness.

I am not sure, but I think the camber compensator behaves differently.

Message: 4