<VV> Corvair powered aircraft

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Mon Feb 2 12:19:16 EST 2009

William and/or Dave:  If you want a Corvair powered airplane article in the
Communique, write it and send it to Mike.  I don't know of any requirement
you even have to be a CORSA member to contribute.  I'd love to see the first
one be a history on Corvair engines in aircraft.  I know there is one at the
EAA Museum built way back when by a prolific aircraft home-builder whose
name I don't remember and probably cannot pronounce.  His Model T(or A?)
powered thingie means he was a braver soul than I!

You'll probably have to do the bumper stickers yourself.

You'll never hear me say bad things about folks who power airplanes with
Corvair engines.  As far as you guys taking "our engines"?  Get real!!
There were 1.7 million Corvair engines.  With people stripping out cars,
there are more engines out there than cars to put them in.  Much better to
use then in airplanes than as boat anchors or dust collectors.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice

PS:  Please forward to William if needed.  Thanks.