<VV> Early rear wheel cyl removal

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Feb 3 11:36:01 EST 2009

The rears are held by two 1/4-20 very short bolts from the back side of the
backing plate.  You must be looking at the front replacement cylinder.

And they are 3/8 head bolts if factory. 7/16 head is the replacement bolt.
Soak with penetrant of your choice and use a six point socket, as these are
usually very rusty here in the east.

The axle does not need to be removed from the car, just slid as far as the
u-joint will allow. Then the backing plate can be slid off the studs.

Frank DuVal