<VV> Power restored! (very little Corvair)

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 19:26:15 EST 2009

Ok guys, I know I mentioned last week that I had power after the ice storm
came through... my power went out January 27th and came back on the 29th.....
but then it went back out on the morning of January 31st... it just came on at
 5:45 pm (EST), and I'm getting ready to enjoy my first "hot shower" in my
own  house in over a week (I've been using the showers at the community college
this  past week, but not often enough)...
;-)
Anyway, I found out there wasn't a downed line, but a blown transformer....
go figure...
I was out at a neighbor's today helping cut up several trees that fell...
I'll be well supplied with firewood for next season (it's all green)... and with
 the temps in the 60s today and tomorrow (Thursday we had a high of 20 and a
low  of 2), I'll be driving my '64 sedan out and about, just because I can.
Thanks to all you guys who sent emails and checked in on me... it's good to
feel missed, and I appreciate each and every one of you...
Cheryl and I dug in our claws and roughed it out... we had a few cold
mornings, and made due once we were allowed to use our water (no power at the
pumping station cause a boil water advisory due to low pump pressures)... I'm
going to figure out a way to somehow get off the electric company's grid...
waiting over a week is a bit insane...
But I AM thankful to all the places who sent workers to help out...
otherwise it would have taken MONTHS...
The damage out here is staggering... imagine a tornado path over 100 miles
wide.... but no debris in the trees, just broken branches, toppled trees, and
tops removed from trees... I've never seen anything like it...
Oh well, I'll stop for now...
I'll be cruising in my 700 tomorrow... might even drive it to church in the
morning.
Y'all take care, and thanks again to those who checked in on me....
Later,
Lonzo
now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000001)