<VV> 66 Monza 110 PG engine knock - mystery solved

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 21:46:11 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/7/2009 4:48:12 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
jhebrink at anvilcom.com writes:

Thanks  Bob,
I had the rod cap  installed correctly.  In addition to the tangs facing each
other, my rods  and caps are stamped with the cylinder number.  The numbers
match up on  the same side of the rod and rod cap.  Thanks though, good  advice.
Jedd

Jedd,
I'd still be concerned as to what happened.....The rods are oiled with lube
that flows from the main bearings. I'd check to see that there is a clear
passage way to the rod bng. I know that this requires splitting the case to
check behind the mains and the shells them selves, but it would be what I'd
suggest unless you can definitely pin down just what the cause is without doing  so.
Regards,
Bob Helt
**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.