<VV> NJACE Auction Results

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Feb 8 12:06:20 EST 2009

I am pleased to report that Saturday's Corvair Parts Auction,
conducted by NJACE in Ashley's Auto Body, was a success.  We had 38
registered bidders from five states, we sold approximately 175 lots,
and the total sales exceeded $5,100.00.

Plenty of nice NOS pieces, many used parts at $1 bargain prices, and
a very nice 39,000-mile 1961 sedan that was driven to the auction by
the seller and driven home by the buyer.

A thank-you to Larry Ashley for again opening his shop to us, not a
small undertaking when you consider all the wrecks-in-process that
had to be relocated.  The vehicles were moved out in the morning and
moved back in at the end of the day, and Larry quite literally
dragged himself out of a sick bed to do this.

Big thanks also to Al Lacki and Roberta O'Neill for handing the
auction desk.  In particular, Al stepped up after arriving at the
event without any plans to be working.  Thank-you to Pete Koehler for
traveling in from his western Pennsylvania home to be one of our
auctioneers for another year.  (Our other auctioneers were Mr Humble,
Brian O'Neill, and me.)

And, of course, thanks to the sellers who donated items to the event,
and to the buyers who opened their wallets.

We will do it again next February.

Robert W Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net