<VV> Heater hose overheats engine?

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 9 15:24:52 EST 2009

Lower heater hoses, not too big a deal, extended warm ups and the related
long term injury to the motor are the result.

Upper top shroud heater hose, YES!  Cap that puppy off.  Air takes the path
of least resistance.  There is a fair bit of resistance to pushing air
through the cooling fins.  If you give the air an easy "out" above the
cooling fins guess where that air is going to go?

Dropped valve seats, especially on the #5 cyl can be the result.

Regards,
Joel