<VV> Pressure meters (was PG advice needed)

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Mon Feb 9 15:23:15 EST 2009

    Hi Bill,
You don´t need to expend $ 300 on such a gauge. As much you will need some $ 20 on 2 good pressure meters. Don't remember the ranges as I don´t have the book at hand but think on one 0-100 psi and one 0-200 psi plus adapters and hoses. It is the way I plan to check my 64 GB Powerglide before reinstalling the powertrain on place. They should be several sources to get pressure meters. Mine is where I get water pumps locally.

    Daniel

<<Does anyone have significant experience with the accuracy of diagnosis
by pressure testing this transmission?  Again, I just don't have the
experience here, but have found pressure tests a helpful diagnostic for
other trans in the past (meaning I have the dang $300 Snap-On gauge --
okay, it was a weak moment -- not available for loan).>>