<VV> PG advice needed

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Wed Feb 11 08:38:16 EST 2009

Hey, everyone,
My original post is included below - thanks for all of the replies.
Last night I planned to check for a failed governor tab - hoping that
that could explain both the failure to upshift and the massive leakage
(and be easy to fix).  It turns out all four transmission bolts were
loose - allowing the fluid leakage and (apparently) the shifting
problems.  After tightening them up and adding trans fluid - the car
drives normally again.
I'd rather be lucky than good.  Also, happiness is a drivable Corvair
(yeah, I have the disease).
Take care,
Andy K.
Wisconsin