<VV> Brake emergency brake strut bar dimensions

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:55:45 EST 2009

Hey guys,  I am looking for the overall length of the rear brake emergency brake strut bar. Also the length between the slots in the bar. I suspect someone (PO) worked on the brakes and replaced some of the brake parts with non Corvair parts. The adjuster wheels both were about an inch longer than stock so that the shoes couldn't be retracted far enough to keep the brakes from dragging all the time.  The strut bar may also be too long.

Jay Ciampi
1964 Monza cpe.  95 hp/PG