<VV> Brake emergency brake strut bar dimensions

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 19:20:56 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/12/2009 3:56:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jciampi at embarqmail.com writes:

Hey guys,  I am looking for the overall length of the rear brake  emergency
brake strut bar. Also the length between the slots in the bar. I  suspect
someone (PO) worked on the brakes and replaced some of the brake parts  with non
Corvair parts. The adjuster wheels both were about an inch longer  than stock so
that the shoes couldn't be retracted far enough to keep the  brakes from
dragging all the time.  The strut bar may also be too  long.

Jay Ciampi
1964 Monza cpe.  95 hp/PG

 Most likely all is fine!!  This is common with todays  RELINED  shoes...

 See if you have a  brake shop / parts house that can  "ARC"  the shoes..
They'll explain the procedure /  reason.

  Otherwise you can take the adjusters out and shorten them...what  most of
us end up doing..

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000004)