<VV> Won't start... 65 110

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 13 15:24:41 EST 2009

Help-
Hi guys,
My friend and I are trying to start his corvair.  It's kicking our pants.  We've checked the wiring.  There is spark and fuel getting to the cylinders.  We've checked the manual to make sure the plug wires are in the correct position.  The rotor in the distributor is pointing at about the 6:30 to 7:00 position when cylinder #1 is at top dead center on compression stroke.  We just took the plug wires off again and checked the manual 'again' when putting them back on to make sure they are correctly installed.  Still no fire.  Spark is very definitely getting to the cylinders.

All suggestions are of value.  I'm at a loss.  If there is anyone in the NTCA who is near Valley ranch in the DFW area and has the know how, we could sure a little help.
-Thanks in advance.
-C