<VV> Won't start... 65 110

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 19:04:16 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/13/2009 12:25:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

Help-
Hi guys,
My friend and I are trying to start his  corvair.  It's kicking our pants.
We've checked the wiring.   There is spark and fuel getting to the cylinders.
We've checked the  manual to make sure the plug wires are in the correct
position.  The  rotor in the distributor is pointing at about the 6:30 to 7:00
position when  cylinder #1 is at top dead center on compression stroke.  We just
took  the plug wires off again and checked the manual 'again' when putting them
back  on to make sure they are correctly installed.  Still no fire.  Spark
is very definitely getting to the cylinders.

All suggestions are  of value.  I'm at a loss.  If there is anyone in the
NTCA who is  near Valley ranch in the DFW area and has the know how, we could
sure a little  help.
-Thanks in advance.
-C

If the wires are long enough to reach, just move them around 180  degrees and
see if the thing wants to fire. Just start inserting them  1-4-5-2-3-6
starting at the plug at the 1:30 point. If it starts, move the  distrbutor 180
degrees and redo the plugs in the correct location - your  6:30 original starting
place. Let us know what the culpret is.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)