<VV> Reno Corvairs

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Fri Feb 13 20:58:16 EST 2009

Evening group.

I just got back from Reno, and while there volunteered some time at The National Automobile Museum.  Having not been there for several years, I was surprised to see a Canadian 60 coupe parked next to the 69.  Cute little guy, black with a white top, a few things different than I remembered from a 60 but could be the Canadian part.  But I digress.

The 69 has a whopping 24 miles on it.  It sits really high in the front, couldn't tell you why.

I distinctly remember an early convertible there, a black one, and it is not there now.  I asked the curator, who's been there 4 years, he doesn't remember.  I asked the maintenance guy, who's been there forever, and he doesn't remember.  I know I'm not crazy; where'd this car go?  Perhaps it got sold a number of years ago when they sold the Florence Henderson 66 Toronado.  Gasp!

Anyway, an excellent collection, as always.  If you've never been, it's worth a trip out there I think.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia