<VV> More Salt Now & Snow Driving

Henri van Wandelen henri88 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 18:57:05 EST 2009

I'm one of those warm weather wimps, living in California and Florida, with only one year in Colorado Springs years ago when I was young and frisky and drove a Slant 6 Dodge Dart -- my old pre-Corvair favorite ride.

I know nothing about salting roads -- please help me.

?  They're using more salt than they used to -- anyone know why a public agency would voluntarily use any more of anything these days than they absolutely had to?

?  Do they use sand anywhere or is it all just salt?

?  Do Corvairs handle snow driving well with all that nice weight over the drive wheels?

?  Anyone have any good 'Vair snow driving adventures to share?

Happy Driving,
Henri and Rosemary van Wandelen

happily living near Daytona Beach (but avoiding DB this weekend during the zoo that is the 500)