<VV> Increasing CORSA's income

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Feb 15 07:27:32 EST 2009

Hi Chuck
Ever have any dealings with the BoD "Over the years?"

I had to fight tooth and nail for the BoD to approve the funding for the
Basics Manual. (which BTW went into the black after less than 90 days and
has remained a revenue source for CORSA ever since) You were part of that!

One of the Directors had an absolute hissy fit, saying his "Fiduciary
repsponsibility to CORSA" kept him from supporting it.

This same Ya-Hoo was the driving force behind the purchase of the "CORSA
Kiosk" that was supposed to bring in dozens of new members.  The result?
Used infrequently, like at National Concours, and Lon had pieces of the
thing in his warehouse for several YEARS at one point, nobody even knew
where the rest of the parts were.  After the General Membership Meeting at
Daytona I TRIED to corner this director to find out what his malfunction
was....HE RAN OUT of the room like a scared rabbit, and I couldn't find him
the rest of the week.

So sorry if I don't approve of the BoD very much, but unlike some I've got
my reasons. Plus watching how things have gone the last 21 years.

Running for the BoD is  not some act of noble self-sacrifice. And there is
somewhat of a list of former directors who have successfully run for the
Board with the intention of "Changing Things". Once they found out the ways
of the board, like "Let's ignore it and hopefully it will go away", and
"Maintain status quo at all costs", they get pissed off and leave."

I had lots of correspondence with one new director, trying to advise him
that unless he's the best consensus builder since George Washington, he's
not going to get any of his ideas for change past the BoD.  And after one
term he found out for himself.

Making the board and then sitting there like the rest of the lumps and not
getting anything substantially changed is not a source for praise from the
membership. Besides, when was the last time more than 20% of the paid
members even VOTED.  Worst case of voter apathy ever.

Scott Morehead and I have argued and debated about things in the past
(mostly off the list).  Scott was one of the directors who told me he
thought members of CORSA chapters should "have a choice" to become CORSA
members.  And I told him what I thought about it.  I believe he  voted "NO"
on the dues increase.
If that is correct, there may be more than we're seeing.

Hank