<VV> Non-CORSA members in local chapters

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Feb 15 07:40:46 EST 2009

Roger
In case you weren't aware, in 1997 I requested Cal to give me a list of all
his customers in VA, NC, and TN to do some marketing work for a Corvair
repair shop.  He didn't do it and I understood why, but he told me how many
customers he had in those 3 states.

How many?  nearly 1/2 the total membership of CORSA at that time, which was
substantially more than it is now.  In THREE STATES.

I won't insult your intelligence, but with that information being correct,
there are likely THOUSANDS  of people who own Corvairs who never intend to
join this club.  Ever wonder why that is?

You like freeloaders?  I'll bet you like to see the government give tax
rebates to non-citizens who don't pay taxes either.
Yeah, that makes about just as much sense to say to a club of 40 members: We
are a sanctioned chapter of this national organization, and joining the
national organization is optional.

Please take some time and find out what national club of ANY kind that
allows that practice besides CORSA. And please enlighten us all with that
list of clubs.  I did the due diligence and didn't find any. I've also
invited a number of like-minded folks (with your opinion) to do the
same---haven't heard back from any of them---wonder why?

And how do you explain CORSA NC---an umbrella over clubs across the state,
that put on a great regional show every year and has active chapters, where
CORSA membership is 100% required to join a local club?   Why has CORSA NC
not folded?  Why do people join CORSA NC Chapters when they KNOW that CORSA
membership is required?   Are they all stupid?

I've known you a long time Roger, and I have no intention of dispariging
you, but let's just say "I couldn't help it", and go back and take a look at
what you wrote.

Hank