<VV> Increasing CORSA's income

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Feb 15 12:11:08 EST 2009

Still tilting at this windmill, Hank?

At 07:27 AM 2/15/2009, henry kaczmarek wrote:

>This same Ya-Hoo was the driving force behind the purchase of the "CORSA
>Kiosk" that was supposed to bring in dozens of new members.  The result?
>Used infrequently, like at National Concours

While I was not on the Board at the time the kiosk was approved, had
I been on the Board I would have supported the idea.  The problem is
not that we bought the kiosk, it is that we failed to utilize it.  As
you yourself wrote, it has been "used infrequently."  Instead of
being set up at our Concours, it should have been set up elsewhere,
OUTSIDE our organization, to promote our organization.

A couple of years ago, the Corvair was to be the feature car at a
large and well-established AACA show here in the Northeast.  I
arranged to get that kiosk to the show and I arranged to have it
stocked with CORSA materials and staffed with Corvair
enthusiasts.  Before that, I arranged to get it to a local speedway
that was having a Corvair night on a race night, putting CORSA before
thousands of motorheads.

Did these activities result in any new CORSA members?  I don't know,
because I did not track any results, but I think they are examples of
how that kiosk was intended to be used and how we, as a group, failed
to utilize an asset.

And "utilize an asset" is a key phrase.  It was an utter waste to buy
that kiosk if all we were going to do was keep it to ourselves by
setting it up at our own conventions and not doing any outside
promotion.  There is no collective will to do the work.  Exactly as
Lon Wall suggested in an earlier message.

Hank, you're just honked off all these years later because this same
director opposed CORSA's funding of the Basics book.  The book got
funded and it was a success.  Move on.

( I still love ya, Hank, it's just that I, like you, have
strongly-held opinions.)

--Bob