<VV> Increasing CORSA's income

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Feb 15 11:47:15 EST 2009

Jason
Not upset at all, and you have a grip on some numbers that I don't.

Another benefit for value analysis I guess.

Those who know the history of the managment of the club previous to Mike and
Harry, and know the things Harry and Mike have to do, to say nothing of what
they have to put up with from the membership,  I don't see their salary as
out of line.

Let me told ya a story about another club, the Riviera Owners Association.
More members than CORSA, Bi-monthly magazine, website has special "members
only" sections.

This club was started and run completely by one man from its inception until
about 4 years ago.  He was a full time police detective in Colorado.

    His entire family had a hand in running of the club.  They did the
magazine layouts and handled the contracting for publishing. The family
negotiated the contracts for the National Conventions.  They handled the
contracts for the Merchandise program and ran it out of their home. And any
profit the club made was invested, the family took little if any of the dues
to cover personal expenses incurred.

This worked only because this was one hell of an organized and dedicated
family, and the entire club knew that at some point, this was going to end.
      Sure enough, ROA member #1 retired from the PD, and moved to Costa
Rica. But before they did, they found another member and his wife who agreed
to run the club in the same way, had some training in how the club had been
run, and went for it.
    ROA had no Board of Directors. Regional co-ordinators around the country
organize local show attendance and occasional meetings.  Dues go to pay the
expenses of the club. No local dues are charged by any ROA region.

The 2nd family that took on the job nearly sank the club. they just couldn't
handle it.  Member #1 came back from Costa Rica for a while to try and
re-float the club, and did so successfully, and keeps a finger on things by
e-mail from Costa Rica.

Now there are SEVERAL families that are involved in Merchandising, the
Magazine, and the Conventions.  But they've done zip to insure that the
failure of the clubs management won't happen again.

Against THAT backdrop, I'd say Harry and Mike do a more than adequate job.
So what if CORSA isn't their only client.  If you're good at what you do
other people will seek you out.  And if you can provide that service to
other clients, and not at the expense of current clients, that's just good
business.  It does mean that Harry and Mike are working harder.  But when
did it become a sin to work harder to make more money?

Some say just the last 3 weeks or so.

While M&P have the contract, we know:
What we're getting
Who we're getting it from.

Contract with another company that aren't Corvair people, who don't
understand that members will call in to bitch about anything that the sun
shines on and many things it doesn't, and my opinion is you'd be looking at
a company who wants to break the contract early and get out---or one that
doesn't deliver what we get from M&P, my feelings about Harry or Mike
completely aside.

Hank