<VV> Subject: Re: Won't start... 65 110

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Sun Feb 15 13:03:04 EST 2009

One more thing to check is the ignition switch itself.  I recently
ran into a similar problem -- a '65 110 that we'd swapped carbs
on.  We could crank it just great, it had gas, it had spark while
cranking.  And it would even fire up!  But as soon as we let go of
the ignition switch (letting it go from "start" to "run"), it would
die.  It turned out that the ignition switch itself was bad and that
as soon as it went into the "run" position, it lost spark.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair
'66 Corsa turbo