<VV> Corsa Dues Increase - long

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 21:36:38 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/15/2009 10:53:11 A.M. Central Standard Time,
kaczmarek at charter.net writes:

"If we  act like we don't see this issue, we won't have to make a decision,
or  maybe if we get lucky, someone else will fix it for us".

That, my  friends, is not leadership.

Tim is the President but not the only  member of the board.  So where's the
leadership?
Unfortunately, the general membership does not see all of the time (and
money) that the BoD put into the job. I can not remember the day there weren't
several e-mails from the CORSABOD, outside of convention week.

We have discussed promoting donations through wills, more ads in the
Communique, reducing the Communique frequency, more volunteers to help in  the
day-to-day running of CORSA, mandatory national membership and several other  ideas.
Some are better than others.

As Rob pointed out, the CORSA budget is fairly simple. Our primary income
sources are dues, merchandise sales and the convention. Our big expenses are the
 printing and mailing of the Communique and club management. Chapter
insurance is  a little over $2 per member. If we gained 1000 more members the per
member cost  of insurance would go down by around 50 cents.

Personally, I would really like to see chapters require CORSA membership  of
via-versa. Not having this requirement has cost us at least one member. I
would ask, how many members would we loose, both locally and nationally, if
CORSA membership was mandated? Based on my research, it would be significant.
Corvair owners are still a very independent bunch and don't take kindly to being
told they have to do something. So would loosing local chapter members be
beneficial to the interests of to the local chapter? CORSA could very well lose
whole chapters.

Ned

**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.