<VV> Corsa Dues

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 13:12:52 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/16/2009 9:40:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
65crownv8 at gmail.com writes:

I've been witness to a CORSA member who brought a "friend" along to a
convention. The friend was not registered, was not a CORSA member, and, at the
autocross, decided he would like to "give it a try". He approached the  individual
who appeared to be in charge of the event, paid the entry fee,  signed the
waiver, and was allowed to race. The same individual helped himself  to the
hospitality room as well.

It does happen, I just don't know how often.

George  Jones

I understand, George. Things can get hectic at the events.  Hell, I  even
drove a guys Firebird through the Convention Autocross at Lexington -  That isn't
supposed to happen either -  Corvairs only!  But he was a  local club member
who had worked on the event, so they let him and his son drive  it as part of
the Corsa event. After they had finished their four runs,  they let me take my
last run in their Firebird (instead of the Corvair I  had borrowed). I beat
them both on my one run. <grin>. But, anyway,  it is hard for the organizers to
turn down the money at the event. But there  really should be a way to assure
that only convention registered guests  participate - at least in the events
that take insurance coverage! On the SCCA  waiver form, used, at least, at
autocrosses around the USA, you have to list  your SCCA membership number and -
usually - show your membership card to  enter the event.

At least he paid for the entry at the Autocross. The Concours is usually
open to the public, the publicity value of the display overwhelms the "control"
need. But the hospitality room is usually a substantial cost for the hosting
club. I couldn't conceive of going into another group's private party like
that.  "Wedding Crashers"? (the movie)

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette, and a  Firebird  - once in a while!

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)