<VV> Ice Race

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 16 14:57:57 EST 2009

I can't make this event but thought I would pass the info on to VV as there
may be some (beater version) Corvairs just itching to get out of the garage
and within driving distance of Eagle River, WI which might wish to
participate (owners too).  This is a friendly group of folks who are always
happy to see the Corvairs show up.

PASTE:

> The ice conditions are perfect for the WAG Dollar Lake Ice trials
> at the Chanticleer Inn in Eagle River, Wi. this coming weekend Sat.
> Feb. 21 and Sun. Feb. 22, 2009- over 28" of thick, black ice with a
> light snow dusting and more snow expected later in the week which
> will make a perfectly defined course after plowing! The weather
> forecast is perfect too with high temps in the low 20's. Special
> room rates for WAG Ice Trials  participants are being offered at
> the Chanticleer Inn by our Host Jake Alward starting at $69.95/
> night- please contact them at 800 752-9193, 715 479-4486 or
> www.chanticleerinn.com  for more info and reservations.
> Full event info and Pre-Registration is up now on the WAG website
> at  www.w-a-g.org - so Pre-Reg. asap to save $10-15 on your entry
> and come out this weekend to join us for what will promises to be
> the best Ice Trials event of the season!
> See ya in Eagle River.
> Press on,
> Dave.

END PASTE

Check their web site and sign up there for a savings on the race (autocross
on ice) cost.  You can run studded tires or just rubber - best to have snows
at all 4 corners.

If you have questions, contact Dave Parps.

Parps, Dave
E-mail Address(es):
  dparps at wi.rr.com

Have a blast!  Wish I could be there.