<VV> Corsa Dues Increase - long

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Mon Feb 16 21:13:45 EST 2009

Tim - Let me ad to this, as I have seen this suggestion come up before.
Ad revenue is based on frequency and total circulation. Corsa's 5000 or
so circulation is no where near high enough to attract any real
advertising dollars - in the old days. Now it's 2009 and two things are
very real. The first is that "traditional" print advertising does not
pay off - In fact it hasn't for the past 5-7 years. That leaves
"charitable-image" advertising, which many large companies can be talked
into - that is, until a severe economic downturn tightens their budgets.

But, once again, isn't this the same old thing? "Someone else" needs to
be tapped so that "my" dues don't go up.

Now, I will state again, I'm not against profit-making enterprises. I'm
not against practical schemes to help support Corsa and bring in money -
beyond dues. But I think that it's impractical, and to be honest, just a
little wrong headed to base Corsa's basic survival on the support of
someone else, whether external financial support or increase
volunteerism. Everything has to have it's place in a non-profit like
Corsa, but we need to have sound footing.

Lon Wall
(Past Western Director)