<VV> CORSA Helps make things Happen

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Feb 16 20:03:23 EST 2009

Here is a thought for all of those folks who can't come up
with good reasons to join CORSA. Yesterday morning I had a
breakfast meeting with a CORSA member from New York State.
We met in Erie, Pennsylvania because it was about halfway
between us. The long and the short of the meeting was that
his club in Buffalo was working with a local museum to put
together a Corvair display. Now, we should be able to
agree that putting Corvair stuff in a museum where some
non-Corvair people might see it and become enthused about
our favorite car is a good idea, right?

Because of the existence of CORSA and the networking that
happens when you know other enthusiasts in other parts of
the country, this museum display in Buffalo will happen.
We came up with a short list of eight to ten people that
could be counted on to help us make this display a
reality. They were from at least five different states and
maybe even a foreign country thrown in for good measure.
We never would have been able to tap into that talent pool
if there was no CORSA. Chuck would have a few friends up
in Buffalo to help. I know a couple of Corvair folks back
in Detroit. But Chuck and I would not have met in Erie
without CORSA. Think about it. - Pete Koehler in lovely
Slippery Rock, PA