<VV> Why I ran for the CORSA Board 28 Years ago

mioanes at woh.rr.com mioanes at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 16 19:55:33 EST 2009

Amen, Pete!  I have stayed out of this discussion so far, but will give my .02...For many years I have been a CORSA member, but not a member of a (my) local club.  There is an active club right in my hometown of Dayton, and I did belong to it for 3 or so years.  I was never able to attend the regular meetings but did go to the Christmas party,the picnic and, one year, the pizza party.  After not attending any function for a year, I let my membership lapse.  If I had to be a member of a local club, I wouldn't quit CORSA but might not join the Dayton club, either. Do I think mandating that all local chapter members be CORSA members and vice-versa is a good idea?  Personally, no.  I share Pete's opinion that people should see the advantge of being CORSA members.

Mike Ioanes