<VV> Jan 20th, 1961

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Mon Feb 16 22:25:32 EST 2009

Louis Armer wrote:  "I am hoping that the CORSA secretary will archive these
last two days on VV for the current board and all upcoming officers this
year. I think it should be required reading."

May I suggest this is the wrong answer.  Say: "I will archive and organize
the comments made following the dues increase announcement and see that all
current and newly elected BoD members get them."

And if Louis cannot do it due to his real life commitments, will someone
else take on the job.  Or do it together.  Like wise, do not say "Someone
needs to make new chapter members feel welcome", say "I will make them feel
welcome" and "I will see they get connected." and "I will...whatever."

To borrow words from a speech delivered on Jan 20th, 1961, which we hear
maybe to often but is nevertheless true: "Say not what someone else should
do for CORSA, say I will do this for CORSA."  CORSA lives and prospers...or
doesn't...because of us.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique