<VV> communique improvement idea number 6

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 13:48:39 EST 2009

Hi Harry,

I understand that I am out on a limb here and have the major force against
me but I disagree. Please see below.
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 2/17/2009 10:50:06 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
corsa at corvair.org writes:

Well, if  we are trying to entice people to join CORSA, then publishing
the articles  in the magazine is the wrong venue.

I disagree. Publishing these articles is the correct and right place for
retaining members and gaining newbies attention ....all in my opinion.

If we are trying to publicize the great information in the Tech  Guides,
republishing the articles is one venue, but one has to understand  that
anything you add to the Communique replaces content. Choices are
difficult and pages are limited. If the choice is reprinting a tech
article, or publishing a historic feature, what would you  choose?

Well it depends on the subjects and contents of each. But why not  publish
both? Skip the calendar or Director's turn for a month.

Understand, some articles which were published in the  Communique years
ago could use some updating. If someone came to us and  said, "Hey, I
want to update the 'O-rings Installation' article," we'd do  it in a
heartbeat.

Well, here's a great example. Just who have you asked to rewrite the  article
on this subject? Was your request for an author published in the  Communique?
How about making a request of a volunteer?

But it seems to me that we could better use our resources by  publishing
new articles in the Communique and using a different media (the  'net,
the Tech Guides) is a better solution.

Again I disagree based on the general interest and specific content of the
historic articles. What is selected for publishing should depend totally on the
 content and perceived interest by the members. New old old material should
be  considered totally based on whether the members will be informed and
whether it  will satisfy an increase in members perceived worth of the Communique.
All in my  opinion of course.
Regards,
Bob Helt

--H