<VV> Shopping Card was/ Membership

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 19:39:53 EST 2009

Nothing is Free

PayPal offers code snippets,  to their site.    Their merchant transactions
fees pay for the "free" code snippets.

Someone still has to take the code snippets and properly  -- stress on the
word properly -- incorporate the code into their own site.  Add their
product(s).   Testing takes time. Testing well takes a lot more time.

CORSA has a shopping cart -- It just does not have all the products -- YET.
When I let Harry breath (rare, that takes time GGGG),  Harry will be able to
finish the shopping cart -- I figured the Tech Guide project was more
important.  I would volunteer,  but currently have too many projects myself.
My poor cars are suffering. ( I have spent many evenings and weekends the
last 2-3 months reading and responding to correspondence.)

Free part -- CORSA credit card processing company charges a lot less then
Paypal.  paypal would cost us up to 50% more in processing fees than our
current clearinghouse vendor.  (1.99% vs 2.9% trans fee,  27cents vs 30cents
per transaction fee).  paypal lowest rate is for the really big companies,
which is not us.

Adding a link to use Paypal will be added to the list of things to discuss.

The Merchandise chairperson volunteer does not need to be a board member or
a board member's spouse.  Just an energetic person, with some business
sense.  Debbie Pleau fit the bill very well.  Jerry Brown and spouse are
doing quite well today.

tim mahler
Likes paypal too,  but knows there are other options