<VV> CORSA membership roster 2009

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 22:02:18 EST 2009

I purchased Eric Starkey's 1969 Monza Convertible #2891 on Friday 2/13/09. This is a well optioned car (140,4 speed, posi,tele column, AM/FM,power top, etc.) with 21,000 original miles. On my way home on Saturday in Flagstaff Az. the car quit driving and would not restart. I fault traced it to a faulty fuel pump. The pump on the car was a few years old and probably had 1,000 miles on it so I did not bring an extra 1 for the trip home although I did have tools. In the roster it listed 2 club members in Flag. The first 1 was out of town for the winter. The second 1 told me he did not have a pump but that I should call Richard Downey.I called Richard Downey who came to my rescue with a good used pump (the only 1 he had). It was then around 7:00 PM and about 30 degrees. This man certainly went above and beyond the call. He only wanted to help. I tried to pay him but he would have no part of that. That $8 purchase for the roster was probably the best money I ever spent. I encourage everyone to buy this roster and carry with them on a trip.I am wanting to drive this car to Jacksonville this summer. Does anyone drive Corvairs long distance anymore?
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado