<VV> communique improvement idea number 6

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 09:53:12 EST 2009

Hi Harry and Mike,

How about an index of all the tech and historic articles in the CC and CQ,
dating back to CORSA's start? I certainly could use such an index.

-Mark (charter member of CORSA, with all the back issues to prove it)

My 2 cents.  The 50% you mentioned are probably not going to go away (at
least voluntarily) and if you are trying to attract new people then
addressing the other 50% might be the way to go or at least worth a try.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

Hi--

If the information is already in one of the Tech Guides, then why
reprint it?

Personally, I think we can do more online to promote the Tech Guides,
such as put some sample articles online for folks to get an idea of what

the Tech Guides are all about. That way, you can publicize them for
everyone, not just new members.

Bob, there are no 'rules' per se, but about 50% of our members have been

members for a long time. Reprinting articles that they have already seen

reduces content for those people.

--H

On 2/17/2009 11:02 AM, BobHelt at aol.com wrote:
> The Tech articles and Guides are good but the  newbies need more intro
and
> simplified stuff. We need to start all  over publishing the tech info
just like
> we did back in the early days. So  why not reprint some articles that
were
> originally published years ago? In other  words, go back to square one
and start
> over with the tech info. I'm referring to  longer articles that would
not be
> candidates for the Tech Guide. But in  addition, possibly, it might be
a good
> idea to reprint Tech Guide stuff in the  Communique just to tell the

Regards,

Guy Brandes
Mercedes-Benz Service Manager
Loeber Motors, Inc.