<VV> Corsa Dues and Hospitality

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Feb 18 07:44:00 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:12:52 EST Sethracer at aol.com writes:

> snip <
>

> The Concours is usually
> open to the public, the publicity value of the display overwhelms
> the "control"
> need. But the hospitality room is usually a substantial cost for the
> hosting
> club.

Every year the Detroit Area Corvair Club [DACC] hosts the
Homecoming.  Some on this line have attended.  One of
our many attractions is our Hospitality room.  We feed all
that enter with top quality deli foods bought at retail.  That
includes friends that drop in and casual observers, other
hotel guests and any hotel staff that wanders in.  Many of
those that attended the 2007 Convention experienced our
kind of Hospitality for breakfast, lunch, and anytime snacks.
The cost per plate is surprisingly low.

Vendors and visitors were served free soft drinks from
a shopping basket [donated by Gordon Food Services]
which we pushed around the hotel grounds.  Too bad the
hotel would not lets us bring food also as many of the
vendors looked pretty hungry.

We have always considered the Homecoming as a
prime way to bring publicity to the Corvair and not a
'private party.'  We believe our efforts are greatly
appreciated by all that attend and we know of other
clubs that are copying the Homecoming agenda ...
We feel most honored.

Now would be a great time to register to attend the 2009
DACC Homecoming.  Log on to

dacc.provide.net

for our on-line registration today.
Ken P

> I couldn't conceive of going into another group's private
> party like
> that.  "Wedding Crashers"? (the movie)
>
> Seth  Emerson
>
> C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette, and a  Firebird  - once in
> a while!
>

> **************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.

(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntu
syelp00000003)