<VV> communique improvement idea number 6

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 10:48:06 EST 2009

Ned,

What you say may be true. But I beg to differ. Such an index would benefit
more than just those who have all the back issues. Specifically, it may
also 1(prove that there is interest in seeing certain significant articles
reprinted, 2)improve the value of old copies of CC, and 3)show that such
subjects have already been covered, and where to find the info (whether or
not anything gets reprinted), among other benefits.

As to the work involved, true, an initial listing would involve some work
to compile. But if that index is maintained and added to on a periodic
basis (say every year, or at most every 5 years), the subsequent work would
be minimal. As to me doing the work, I've got my plate full at the moment,
what with being secretary of both Lodge and Council, Council district
association president, and other personal things, thank you very much.

I just hope that this suggestion isn't quickly dismissed, but instead
discussed by the entire board (whom I'm CC'ing).

-Mark

back issues. I would venture to guess that there are less than 10% of our
members that would fit into that subset, it might be as low as 1%. I would
also guess that making such an index would be no easy task. So it would be
lots of work and benefit very few members, not really the best use of Mike
and Harry's time (which is CORSA's money).

> However, since you have all the back issues, you could make the index for
CORSA and it wouldn't casot us (CORSA) a dime.... :^)