<VV> communique improvement idea number 6

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 18 13:08:12 EST 2009

Mark, Ned, You both offer good suggestions. Mark, how about you
heading up the compilation but having volunteers take
one or more years of Communique issues and indexing them? This way
anyone could volunteer to take years in which they have been members
and received the Communique. That way the years would pass quickly !!! :-)

Chuck Armer
At 10:48 AM 2/18/2009, you wrote:
>Ned,
>
>What you say may be true. But I beg to differ. Such an index would benefit
>more than just those who have all the back issues. Specifically, it may
>also 1(prove that there is interest in seeing certain significant articles
>reprinted, 2)improve the value of old copies of CC, and 3)show that such
>subjects have already been covered, and where to find the info (whether or
>not anything gets reprinted), among other benefits.
>
>As to the work involved, true, an initial listing would involve some work
>to compile. But if that index is maintained and added to on a periodic
>basis (say every year, or at most every 5 years), the subsequent work would
>be minimal. As to me doing the work, I've got my plate full at the moment,
>what with being secretary of both Lodge and Council, Council district
>association president, and other personal things, thank you very much.
>
>I just hope that this suggestion isn't quickly dismissed, but instead
>discussed by the entire board (whom I'm CC'ing).
>
>-Mark

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member