<VV> Volunteers to Research and Implement

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Wed Feb 18 14:01:57 EST 2009

All:

Mark said:  "Hi Harry and Mike, How about an index of all the tech and
historic articles in the CC and CQ, dating back to CORSA's start? I
certainly could use such an index. -Mark (charter member of CORSA, with all
the back issues to prove it)"

Another good idea.  With all the back issues, can you coordinate with Mike
and Bob Helt's Corvair Reference Guide to
	a. produce a list of what should maybe review for current relevancy and
reprinted in the Communique, and
	b. help Mike produce a Communique Reference Guide, maybe with an ad hoc
committee helping?

Now then, understand Mike try's to produce a annual index of Comminique
articles.  He does this during his free time (joke) after doing his specific
functions within M&P.

Joe Darsing usually publishes a list of Corvair articles in conventional car
magazines.  This is in cooperation with and a continuation of Bob Helt's
Corvair Reference Guide.

Maybe somebody needs to volunteer to become a "Joe" for the Comminique.

I've been encouraged by the discussions about the "CORSA should do's" here
on VV.  In every case, it takes someone to throw the time (and sometimes
money) at the "CORSA should do".  The BoD can ask for volunteers till they
are blue in the face and exasperated beyond belief.
CORSA is lead by volunteers, both BoD members and committee chairs.

We have M&P to do some things for us which historically are killers for
volunteers to do.  Remember, there is a reason CORSA hired a management and
a publisher back in the late 70's.  There is also a reason M&P has been our
management firm, for what, twenty five or so years.

If we, the CORSA membership, do not respond to a request for help from the
BoD or a committee chair, then nothing changes for the good.  If you want to
take one of the ideas (or criticism) posted here, and work them until they
can be implemented or corrected, I'm fairly certain Tim, the BoD and/or a
committee chair will let you.

Let me say again: ask what idea can I take and turn into something positive
for CORSA.  If not you, who?  If not now, when?  Don't wait, assuming
someone else, or a group of someone else's, will do it.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice
                   CORSA member since mid-70's
                   Former Chairman of the Competition Committee
                   Member of original CPF Advisorary Committee
                   CORSA/CPF BoD member and CPF Liaison 1999-01
                   Occasional contributor to the Communique

PS:  And if you are wondering why I say "you" and not "me" in the above, two
after I get one of the three articles I'm working on for the Communiuqe
done.  It has taken longer than I anticipated, as I keep finding more info.
It is near done, and I hope to send out a draft for some "peer review" next
week, before sending it to Mike for the Communique.  Second, unless divine
intervention happens, within a few months, I will be the only living
grandfather to our two daughters five children, our grandchildren.  I take
this impending position/responsibly very seriously.  And I don't know how
I'm going to deal with it.